I haven’t posted the entire LEGO SDF-1 work in progress for quite some time, so above is a quick photo (please excuse the poor quality, all I had available was my iphone). I had to connect the Daedalus to the SDF-1 to test the connection joint and make sure it all fit properly. Continue reading
This is my first post not dedicated to my own LEGO SDF-1 creation and I couldn’t think of a more deserving Macross LEGO model than Daikoncat’s VF-1S Skull Leader Valkyrie. There are a number of LEGO Valkyries out there online but not many, if any, reach the level of detail and quality as this one. It’s faithful to the original in its transformation, color scheme, weaponry and even scale (1/55).
I spent most of the day building the Daedalus and just as I said last week it continues to be quite challenging. I received two Bricklink orders on Friday and my wife has been gone all day which allowed me some time to get into some serious building. My goals for the day were:
- See how the dark blue surface would look on the carrier
- Begin to construct the bottom red portion of the ship
- Put together the backend of the ship (the connection to the SDF-1)
I didn’t order any gray pieces last week because I was unsure of what the shade of gray to buy. My latest orders confirmed it was ‘light bluish gray,’ so I’ll add a bunch more light bluish gray inverted slopes, plates and bricks to my next Bricklink order so I can make some progress on the gray portions of the ship.
The photo above is my third rough draft of my LEGO Daedalus, as you can see I’m Continue reading
- Ship Color: what shade of gray should I use for the body? LEGOs come in a number of shades of gray – light gray, dark gray, bluish gray, etc. Pinpointing the correct shade and ensuring that that shade comes in a large variety of pieces is definitely an obstacle.
- Weight in Cruiser Mode: I expect the carriers to have some weight to them and this will make them hard to support, even in cruiser mode. I haven’t yet resolved how I will connect them to the ship and I know regardless of the connection each will require extra support. Continue reading